Although it may seem like a pretty difficult process, unlocking a blacklisted phone is not that challenging anymore with SafeUnlocks. Keep reading to learn with us all you need to know to remove IMEI from blacklist Canada and why SafeUnlocks is the best IMEI blacklist removal tool on the internet.
Why was my IMEI blacklisted?
An IMEI can be blacklisted for a lot of reasons including:
- Lost or stolen report: The device was reported stolen by its legitimate owner.
- Illegal activity: The phone was somehow involved in any illegal activity or was being used to commit abusive or fraudulent things.
- Unpaid bills: The original owner of the phone didn’t fully pay their installments or is somehow in bad standing with the carrier.
However, this doesn’t mean that the users that need to remove a blacklist report were involved in these situations. In fact, most people just happened to buy a second-hand phone without noticing, and this measure taken against stolen devices ends up affecting innocent people that were tricked into buying a locked item.
Are Blacklist Reports Valid only in Canada?
No, blacklist reports generated from Canadian carriers are valid in all the countries that collaborate with the blacklist database as it is an international effort to reduce stolen devices trafficking across nations of specific areas by:
- Starting an exchange of blacklist databases among network providers (which is why even if a report was made from a specific country it is valid in all the other countries that are part of the consensus).
- Restricting the stolen device’s IMEIs (international mobile equipment identity): When a phone is blacklisted, it is actually its IMEI number the one that is reported on the database and restricted so other carriers know that IMEI cannot be connected to any network.
- Preventing the reactivation and use of mobile phones stolen by locking their connectivity features: People with a blacklisted device cannot make or receive any calls or messages and can hardly get connected to any cellular network frequency.
So, if I use my Blacklisted Phone outside of Canada, Will it Work?
150 carriers worldwide are connected and sharing information through the blacklist database as it is an international agreement, so if you have a blacklisted phone and want to use it outside of the country, it has to be one that is not part of that consensus. But anyway it is easier to just unlock the phone to be able to use it with any network provided you want.
How to Remove IMEI from Blacklist Canada
There are three options when it comes to clearing a phone’s IMEI number, here are the details for you to decide the best for you.
Contacting the Carrier that Reported the Device
You can contact the wireless carrier (Like T-Mobile, Virgin Mobile, etc.) that reported the phone to make an unlocking request, it takes a couple of business days and you will be asked to present different supporting documents depending on the specific reason why your phone was locked. Remember that you can only do this if you are the original owner of the device, if you purchased a used phone from a private seller the original carrier won’t help you.
Changing the Phone’s IMEI Number
When their phone is blacklisted, some people think of changing its IMEI number so that while the old number is locked, they can use the mobile phone as normal with the new one. However, this has some important disadvantages: you can completely damage your phone while trying to change its IMEI and the procedure will probably fail (the percentage of successful IMEI changes is very low and is illegal in most countries).
SafeUnlocks IMEI Blacklist Removal Tool
The last option you have is to use an external unlocking service like SafeUnlocks’ IMEI blacklist removal tool to remove your phone’s blacklist status. Our blacklist removal services are available worldwide and can effectively clean an IMEI number in minutes for only $1 per unlocked mobile phone.
SafeUnlocks vs Other Unlocking Platforms
If you are still not sure about using SafeUnlocks to remove your phone’s blacklist status, check out all the benefits that we have for you.
Price and Wait Time
While other unlocking platforms ask you to pay very high monthly or yearly subscriptions for them to keep your phone unlocked, SafeUnlocks only requires a one-time payment of $1 to permanently unlock your phone. Also, talking about the wait time, with other unlocking programs it takes you more than 3 hours to complete the process (sometimes even days) while with SafeUnlocks it only takes 30 minutes.
As we mentioned before the majority of unlocking services ask you to pay monthly or yearly subscriptions that if you stop paying at some point will lock back your phone (some others offer a lock bypass that will only last 3 months approximately), on the other hand, SafeUnlocks‘ IMEI blacklist removal process will permanently unlock your phone.
With other unlocking platforms, you need a certain level of technical knowledge to be able to use their program, also, in most cases, the unlocking process includes downloading and installing programs on your computer or phone. Now, the process with SafeUnlocks is really easy, the unlocking program does pretty much everything (all you need is to enter the required information and follow instructions) and the process is 100% online (so you don’t have to install anything on your devices).
What do I need to Unlock a Blacklisted Phone with SafeUnlocks?
Our IMEI blacklist removal tool doesn’t really ask for a lot of information, the data you need to enter is pretty basic and there are no requirements to meet in order to use the service. The information you need to enter into the platform is:
- Your full name.
- A valid email address (make sure you have access to the email address you are entering).
- The model of your blacklisted phone.
- The phone’s IMEI or serial number (if it has a bad ESN then enter the phone’s ESN number).
After you enter all this information on the IMEI blacklist removal tool, you just have to follow the instructions and restart or factory reset (if you rather so) the phone unlocked.