Dealing with a blacklisted device can be confusing, but SafeUnlocks has your back! Learn with us all the basics of IMEI reports and learn how to unlock blacklisted IMEI Ireland phones without having to contact the network operator, change their IMEI number, or impact the device’s performance. Get to know SafeUnlocks’ unlocking service and take advantage of all the benefits we have for you!
Blacklist Checkers: Verifying your IMEI status
When you are dealing with a blacklisted device, the very first thing to do is to confirm that the problem really is a blacklist report and that you are not just having connectivity issues. To do so, all you need is to search on Google “Verify Blacklisted IMEI” or something similar to see on the web results all the platforms that offer free IMEI check services.
With blacklist checkers, you will receive a full report of our IMEI status in a couple of seconds, and you only have to enter the IMEI number (you can find it on the original box, on its SIM card tray, on the back of the phone, or by dialing *#06#) of the device you want to check.
How do I Know which Carrier Reported my IMEI?
Determining which network provider made the blacklist report is very important because only the network provider that created the IMEI report can remove it. The only network operator that can report a phone is the one that sold the device, but if you are not sure, when you check your IMEI status online as we explained before (with IMEI checkers), on the IMEI report you receive the information on regards to the mobile operator that placed the report.
If you want to dispute the report and request them to remove it, keep in mind that you must be the original owner of the device (you cannot be a second-hand owner) and will need to have documentation to prove the report’s allegations wrong (However, if you don’t meet your carrier’s criteria, you can always just use SafeUnlocks‘ service and get rid of the report in minutes).
For How Long do Phones stay Blacklisted?
When a phone is blacklisted (no matter if it was because it was unpaid or someone reported it as lost or stolen) it is permanent, once the report is sent to the blacklist database and all the information including the device’s IMEI number is registered on it, it will be there permanently unless the carrier manually eliminates it or your IMEI is removed from the blacklist by SafeUnlocks.
This is because reports don’t expire or are automatically removed from the blacklist database, there are a few options to deal with this, which are either:
- Asking the network provider: These unlock requests are usually denied and there are a lot of conditions for them to process an unlock that most people don’t meet (if you want to try it, we recommend that you go personally if possible instead of calling them or sending an email because of the wait times).
- Changing the IMEI number: This is not only a very difficult method to remove the lock of the device, but is also illegal and usually doesn’t work (also, the consequences make this method not really worth it).
- Unlocking the phone with us: SafeUnlocks‘ unlocking method is the best option you have without any doubt, the process is very simple, works in every country via the internet, won’t damage your phone, and is very effective.
What Happens if I Change my IMEI number?
As we were mentioning, changing your unique IMEI number is not recommendable because of how it impacts the device itself, but what are the specific consequences of changing the IMEI number of an iPhone or Android device?
- The iPhone (and any other phone from any brand) will stop receiving iOS updates, this means that you will experience technical bugs on the handset because the software won’t be updated and sooner or later it will stop working.
- Your name will still be on the blacklist report because this doesn’t change the device’s IMEI status, just modifies the number so that the phone looks like a different handset.
- If a carrier finds out you could face serious legal issues because an IMEI change is illegal, and anyway they’ll lock the phone again.
- You will lose your shop, mobile operator, and/or manufacturer’s warranty or insurance, and in general any kind of coverage that the device had (because the IMEI number of the device registered and yours will not match, so it will be taken as a different phone.
What do I need to Unlock Blacklisted IMEI Ireland Phones with SafeUnlocks?
To get an unlocked phone in a matter of minutes with SafeUnlocks, you only need to get the IMEI of the device (it has to be ready for you to enter on our website), have ready your email address (make sure you have access to it and that it is working), have clear the manufacturer or brand of the device you want to unlock, and a SIM card from any network (after the phone is unlocked you might want to test it to see if the unlock was successful).
Remember that our unlocking service is available in all countries around the world and that the price for all unlocks is the same: $1 for each device unlocked (remember that this is a one-time payment for a one-time job because the process is permanent). After you pay the $1 the order gets activated and the system automatically unlocks your device.
Benefits of Unlocking your Phone with SafeUnlocks
- You can unlock the device no matter if you are still under contract with your network operator or if you bought a second-hand device.
- Getting your phone unlocked with SafeUnlocks is very fast, it won’t take more than 30 minutes.
- After your phone is unlocked, you will be able to use it in Ireland, the UK, and any country of your preference.
- Our system is very easy to use, and even though an unlock is a complicated process, SafeUnlocks has enabled automated protocols so that everyone can use it by just following instructions and entering the required information.