If you recently purchased a second-handed iPhone and turns out it was blacklisted, don’t worry! SafeUnlocks’ team recently launched the best tool for iPhone blacklist removal, and here we will tell you everything you need to know about it.
How does having a blacklisted iPhone affect me? How does the Blacklist work?
Having a blacklisted phone affects you because the device won’t be able to connect to any network, this will be reflected in the iPhone’s incapability to make or receive calls and to send or receive text messages (which are really basic features on a mobile phone).
Why is my iPhone blacklisted?
If you have a blacklisted iPhone it means that it was reported to the mobile carrier under one of these circumstances:
- The previous owner reported de device as lost or stolen.
- The device was involved in fraudulent transactions or illegal activities (like iPhone theft)
- The original owner didn’t fully pay for the device or has unpaid bills with the carrier.
Is a “blacklisted iPhone” the same as having a “bad IMEI”?
The answer is yes, those are two ways of referring to the same situation. People use “bad IMEI” to refer to a blacklisted device because the IMEI number is the one that is reported, so the blacklist status of your iPhone is on that IMEI that works as an identification number for your phone.
Is Unblacklisting my iPhone the same as SIM Unlocking it?
Unlocking a blacklisted iPhone refers to removing it from the carrier’s blacklist database, allowing it to operate on that network again. SIM unlocking, on the other hand, enables the phone to work with different carriers by removing the restriction that ties it to a single network. While both processes involve unlocking, they serve different purposes: unblacklisting resolves issues with a specific carrier, while SIM unlocking broadens the phone’s carrier compatibility.
Is the iCloud Activation Lock Related to my iPhone’s Blacklist Status?
Some people tend to assume that the iCloud activation lock and the blacklist lock are somehow associated because both are often mentioned when a phone is lost or stolen. However, both locks are totally different, and removing one lock won’t automatically remove the other one as well, let’s check both locks’ main similarities and differences!
iCloud Activation Lock vs Blacklist Lock: Similarities
- Both locks can be activated on your iPhone.
- Both locks can only be officially removed by the original owner of the iPhone.
- Both locks are usually associated with lost or stolen devices as the blacklist report appears when you report your iPhone as stolen and the iCloud lock gets activated when a third party tries to access the lost device.
- Both locks can be safely deactivated with SafeUnlocks if you count with the IMEI number of the iPhone.
iCloud Activation Lock vs Blacklist Lock: Differences
- A blacklist lock can only be activated in iPhones or cellular devices while the iCloud lock is enabled in almost all Apple devices.
- A blacklist lock is enabled in all mobile devices from all brands while the iCloud lock is for Apple devices exclusively.
- The blacklist lock is remotely activated by your wireless carrier while the iCloud lock is an automated safety measure that your device activates itself.
- If you’re unable to unlock a blacklisted phone you cannot get connected to any network but can still access the phone. however, when the iPhone is iCloud locked, the iPhone won’t let you get past its lock screen.
Do I need the IMEI Number to Unlock my Blacklisted Phone?
If you need to unlock a blacklisted iPhone you need the device’s IMEI number, this is because as we mentioned before, the IMEI is the one that appears reported in the blacklist database (it works the same with any device, so it doesn’t matter if we are talking about Apple or Android phones, they all have an IMEI & that number is the one reported).
If you don’t know what is the IMEI number of your iPhone, here are some options you have to find it:
- Dial *#606# on your keypad as if you were calling that number. You will see a popup on your screen with the IMEI number.
- You can find your IMEI number printed on the iPhone’s box, on the back of the phone, or on the SIM card tray.
- Go to your iPhone’s settings, scroll down and click on “general”, go to your device’s information and from there you should be able to see some data like the iPhone’s serial number, model, and more importantly, the IMEI.
- If you log into your iCloud account (the one that is associated with your device), from iFinder or iTunes go to your devices and click on your iPhone, you will see its IMEI along with other device information.
Can I use a Blacklisted iPhone without Unlocking it?
No, using a blacklisted iPhone without unlocking it poses significant limitations that won’t let you use your device as normal no matter which specific iPhone model you have. Even if the phone seems functional, it won’t connect to the carrier’s services, making it impractical for regular use because you won’t be able to make or receive calls, send or receive messages, or use mobile data at all, which are all the basic features of a mobile device.
Can my IMEI be Cleared if I Factory Reset my iPhone?
Unfortunately, if you factory reset your iPhone you will only delete the data stored on the device but won’t remove the blacklist report on your IMEI. This is because the blacklist lock is activated because of an external record on the blacklist database, so it basically doesn’t have anything to do with what your iPhone has downloaded or installed on its system.
How can I Unlock a Blacklisted iPhone? Is this the Best way to Unlock Blacklisted Devices?
If you want to unlock a blacklisted iPhone, it can be done in two ways: directly with the carrier that locked the mobile phone’s IMEI or with a third party that offers unlocking services like us.
Unlocking Blacklisted iPhones with Carrier Operators
If you are the initial owner of the device or you can get in touch with the previous owner of the used iPhone you purchased (for them to help you unlock the blacklisted phone), you can contact the original carrier (like T-Mobile, Verizon, or AT&T for example) and ask them about the iPhone status & make a request to unlock the blacklisted iPhone.
If the carrier blacklisted the device because it was reported as a lost or stolen iPhone, you will need to present proof of purchase; If the blacklist status is there because you have a debt with them, you will need to talk with the collections department and fix the issue; and if there is any report regarding a fraudulent transaction, you will need to talk with their fraud team to clear things up.
Using external Blacklist Removal Services
SafeUnlocks is a third-party service provider/company that offers iPhone blacklist removal services, our unlocking tool takes just a couple of minutes — which compared to the hours if not days that it will take you to talk and clarify things with your carrier is incredibly fast — and costs $1 only.
Among other online tools, ours is the best because unlocking blacklisted iPhones is very easy and does not require any type of supporting documents in regard to the blacklist status of your iPhone, so if you purchased a second-handed iPhone that appeared to be blacklisted, you can still get your device unlocked (remember that our service has a 99.9% of success rate).
Also, our blacklist removal process works in any country, works with any device, and will unlock blacklisted devices from their mobile network report permanently, so it is not like other services that just bypass the report but in a couple of months, you still find yourself with a locked iPhone.
Why is not a Good Idea to Unlock Blacklisted iPhone Devices through Jailbreak?
Unlocking blacklisted iPhones via jailbreaking isn’t recommended due to several reasons. Firstly, jailbreaking doesn’t remove the device from the blacklist; it only bypasses certain restrictions but is not a real unlock because the device’s IMEI chip will still appear reported. Secondly, jailbreaking can void the warranty and compromise the phone’s security, making it vulnerable to malware or security breaches because you’ll leave your iPhone without Apple’s security layers.
Dangers of Unlocking your iPhone through a Jailbreak
Unlocking your blacklisted iPhone through jailbreaking poses several risks! As we were mentioning, it voids Apple’s warranty, leaving the device ineligible for official support or repairs, but not only that because it also compromises the device’s security, making it more susceptible to malware and unauthorized access. Additionally, the phone will become unstable, leading to performance issues or even software malfunctions, so as you see, jailbreaking can lead to permanent damage, leaving the device unusable or bricked.
Why is it Better to Unlock an iPhone with SafeUnlocks’ Unlock Service?
Well, activating a blacklisted iPhone via SafeUnlocks doesn’t involve the risks associated with jailbreaking. Our service provides a safe, official, and permanent unlocking solution without voiding the warranty or compromising the device’s security. Unlike jailbreaking, which can destabilize the phone’s operating system, our method ensures stability and full functionality after unlocking your device, which makes us a safer and more reliable choice for iPhone whose phone has been blacklisted.
SafeUnlocks: iPhone Blacklist Removal Tool Compatible with all iPhones
If you are interested in unlocking a blacklisted iPhone with us, all you have to do is to create an account with us and follow the on-screen instructions, these are the few steps you have to follow to unlock your iPhone.
- Visit our official website and click on the “services” tab from the menu bar located at the top of the page. You will see all of the many services offered on our platforms like the elimination of Apple ID or iCloud lock, the carrier unlock, or the FRP unlock; you need to hit enter on the one that says “IMEI blacklist removal”.
- Enter your name, email address, device model, and blacklisted IMEI, then press continue.
- Get your membership code (it is completely free) to create your account with us and become a member.
- Sign into your account and make the $1 payment to continue with the unlocking process, remember that you will need to insert your credit card information to do so, however, this is a one-time only payment, so you won’t be charged after that and you can remove your credit card details if you need to.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and if necessary watch the tutorial videos available, remember that if you have any issues, you can always contact our customer service and ask for tech support to get everything to work properly.
Is it possible to remove iPhone from blacklist?
Yes, if you want to remove your iPhone from the blacklist, there are several methods you can use to remove it successfully. If you are the original owner and have proof of ownership, you can request an unlock code by contacting your carrier and explaining your case. If you don’t want to spend hours on the phone or in the store, then you can try a 3rd party service such as SafeUnlocks which takes care of the whole process.
Just take a look at the steps we explained before and get started now!
Unlocking a Blacklisted iPhone: Frequently Asked Questions
In this section, we will help you clear some of the most frequently asked questions by users trying to get their iPhone IMEI removed from the blacklist with SafeUnlocks. Learn a little more about all the basics of what to do when your iPhone gets blacklisted and unlock your blacklisted device with us now!
How to check your IMEI number?
To obtain your IMEI number on your iPhone, you can try several ways that apply to almost all models available in the market:
- Dial *#06#, and it will automatically request a USSD code containing all information from the device (Works and iPhone and Android)
- Go to the setting menu on your iPhone and press the information tab, scroll down until you find your IMEI number
- Eject the Sim Card tray on your phone, there is a high chance it is a printer somewhere.
Is bad IMEI the same as blacklisted?
No, although both terms are often used for the same issue, there are some minor differences in some cases that need to be addressed. If you get your device listed as bad IMEI is not necessarily because it was reported as lost or stolen, it can also be because there was some alteration to the device. In other cases, your bad IMEI can lead to a blacklisted IMEI if it was flagged by the carrier regardless of the reason. It is important to keep this in mind as both are not the same, a blacklisted IMEI can never be
How long does an iPhone stay blacklisted?
If an iPhone is blacklisted and it doesn’t get unlocked by the carrier or a third-party service, it will stay locked forever. Once the IMEI number is entered into the database, it will stay there forever, there are no expiring dates on this type of lock. This law applies to all devices whether they are new or old devices, this technology was developed as a way to crack down on the illegal reselling of phones.
Can a blacklisted phone be used?
The phone can still be used to browse the web, run apps, and do all the normal activities that you could usually use on your device, the only restrictions will come with the usage of mobile network services such as calling, sending SMS, or using Mobile Data. This is a big restriction that lowers the price and usability of the device, that’s why it is important to unlock it.
Can you change the IMEI?
There are ways to change the IMEI number using software, we do not encourage anyone to do this, as this might affect the device. If you change the IMEI number of your device, it is likely that the new IMEI number will also be detected and blocked. There are some other consequences such as losing updates and not being able to use the warranty on your device as it is now different.